Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Racing 1/12

Good turnout at Mikes this weekend. Christmas is over and I now have some time to play. We had 8 F1's. And some pretty tight quarters racing. Lap times in the qualifiers were well down from normal, but Robert and Doug picked up the pace in the mains. My car was surprisingly fast all day, only 1/10th off the best lap in the qualifiers, but with the tight quarters, my erratic at best driving style wasn't the best. DNF'd both qualifiers with a broken front end in Q1 and a moved motor after forgetting to turn at end of straight in Q2. In the main, I started in the back but was in 4th by then end of lap 1, made my way to 3rd and held it until the 45 seconds to go mark. I don't remember exactly what I did, but it was wrong. I think I made an ill advised passing attempt on one of the Ferrari's and didn't pull it off. I had problems passing all weekend. I always do, I don't get the opportunity to pass much, so I'm not the best at it lol. But it was a great and relaxing day at the track. Raced WGT as well, car is good after about a minute on the track, but that first minute it is a handful. I will be rethinking my tire saucing strategy, only thing I can think of that might be off. When the car is good, it's really good, but after a minute of traction rolling and twitchyness, I am a long way back.

Tomorrow is Monday night Practice, I will have the Ultra, the F1R, my SpeedMerchant and my XRay VTA car. The new F1R made the track for a few laps yesterday, but I picked a bad servo, so I changed to a Savox that was in my WGT. And took the KO servo out of my 1/12 for the WGT. 1/12 car is out of action for awhile, while I decide what direction I am taking in RC. I am about to get back into VTA, and if it is fun like it was in the beginning, I will stick with it, F1 and WGT. If not, I will drop it like a bad habit and go from there. VTA had an incredible turnout yesterday, as people are gearing up for the big VTA race this Spring at Mikes. As well as all the special little races that Randy Novak is putting together. I have to get in on some of the shenanigans and hi-jinx. Now that i have a car that can survive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment