Tamiya Press Release for new F-1 chassis
F104 Version II Pro specification chassis kit
The new F104 Version II chassis incorporates a Pivot Ball Link Rear Suspension (PBLR) like the one found on the TAMIYA 1/12 scale RM-01 chassis. Compared to the previous 3-point T-bar rear suspension system, this new setup enables more precise adjustments of the chassis' pitch and roll characteristics. The new car will have greater traction potential and carries more corner speed than the previous chassis design. The kit includes plenty of Option Parts as standard equipment, as its "PRO" designation implies.
Specs and Features
1. 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
2. Kit features a newly designed lower deck and a lower brace made from 3.0mm thick carbon fiber.
3. PBLR suspension system features a center pivot ball, an aluminum pitch damper to temper chassis pitch movement, and an aluminum roll damper and side links to control chassis roll.
4. Front suspension features a kingpin/coil spring with the F104’s suspension arms. (Same front end as F104 version I)
5. Direct-Drive 2WD system comes equipped with a height-adjustable gear case and a ball-differential.
6. Other features include a hi-torque servo saver, aluminum servo horn, aluminum upper suspension mount, aluminum clamp-type wheel hubs, low-friction suspension balls, and fluorine coated ball connectors.
7. Compatible with Li-Fe, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, LiPo and other rectangular battery packs.
8. Body, front & rear wings, motor, tires, R/C unit, battery pack sold separately.
9. Ferrari F60, McClaren MP4-24 and F104 Pro body sets fit the new F104 Version II and the side pontoons may also be used for the best scale appearance.
Release date: June 2012 (late June)
Two Factory Team test cars will be hitting the local circuits in So Cal in early May.