Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MD FGX Carbon Fiber chassis conversion kit


McKune has done it, the conversion is done, and ready to ship. I will have mine in a few days, as will Robert. We cannot wait to check it out. But here is the post from Troy McKune on RCTech.


Done!

I will have more pictures up this week that show the multiple configurations. The last bit of development I did was not posted post but here is the update. The kit comes with 2 upper tie plates, regular and stiff. These allow you to adjust the flex of the chassis from regular, stiffer, and stiffest. The stiff version uses countersunk screws and has an optional screw to tie it in further back on the top deck. Another addition is the 3rd pair of tape slots and clearance for the use of "Shorty" 7.4v Lipo packs. I am currently working on pictures of this in use. The front wing mount raises the front wing 2mm over stock. I have found that depending on rear droop and ride height the front wing drags when the front suspension is compressed under braking. You can lower it back to stock with shims.

I am currently machining kits. The last remaining order of spacers, screws, and standoffs should be here by Wednesday. I hope to have the instructions done and kits starting to ship by Wednesday as well.

Here is a picture of the kit.




Here is the link to Preorder:


If you have any questions or run in to any trouble with the new store send me a PM, email, or call. My office number and email are on my website.

Troy

1 comment: